Not to mention, many are cost effective and some of them are even FREE! Read on and start planning today.
Experience the Cass River
The beautiful Cass River runs right through the heart of downtown Frankenmuth, but not all visitors know about two group friendly ways to take advantage of this winding, scenic waterway.
1. The Frankenmuth FunShips Tasting & Tours are a more intimate way to enjoy the river with your group of 24 or less. With two 12-seat electric boats that offer an array of tours up and down the Cass river including a wine and chocolate tasting tour, there is sure to be an experience perfect for your group.
2. You might have seen the gorgeous paddle wheel Bavarian Belle Riverboat docked outside the RiverPlace Shops, but did you know you can reserve the entire 150 passenger boat and hour narrated tour for your own private event or make reservations ahead of time for your group? And, it is handicap accessible!
3. Paddle your way along the Cass River with Frankenmuth Kayak Adventures. This self-guided tour will give your group the chance to enjoy the great outdoors and take in the beauty of the Cass River. You may even spot some wildlife along the way!
Music and Theatre
Performing Arts and music are both great ways to keep any group entertained.
4. Frankenmuth’s award winning Bronner Performing Arts Center is a great place to enjoy the orchestra, ballets, and shows put on by the local community. There is always something to be enjoyed and discovered on stage. And did you know that you and your group can call ahead and arrange to meet the artists, enjoy a VIP lounge room with refreshments, and enjoy a souvenir from the show?
5. Dinner shows are also offered at the Bavarian Inn Restaurant as well as Zehnder’s Restaurant. You can enjoy a delicious chicken dinner and great music. For more info on upcoming shows, check our Events Calendar.
Do you have avid golfers in your group? Possibly some guests who are itching to spend the day on the green? Well, you are in luck when you come to Frankenmuth!
6. The Fortress Golf Course encompasses 6,813 yards of formidable play on an 18-hole, par 72 course. Special events, tournaments, clinics and junior programs are scheduled throughout the season. The Fortress is located just 435 yards from the front porch of Zehnder’s Restaurant in downtown Frankenmuth and has been recognized as one of Michigan’s top golf courses.
7. If 6,813 yards of green is too much, take your group to one of the miniature golf courses in town! Putt-putt indoors at the Bavarian Inn Lodge Family Fun Center or outdoors at Jelly Stone Camp Park.
Museums and Tours
Frankenmuth offers numerous ways to immerse yourself in the history of our Educational Programs that are perfect for student groups.
8. Interested in the century-old technique of wool processing in Frankenmuth? Take a tour at the Frankenmuth Woolen Mill for FREE and enjoy the gift shops where you can buy wool products made right there. (Tours dependent on Mill Construction).
9. If your group has veterans or American History buffs, then Michigan Heroes Museum is a must. The only museum of its kind in the U.S. Featuring uniform displays of Michigan Veterans of our six foreign wars and the space program. It also has the largest display of Medals of Honor in the Country.
10. Tour the founding church of Frankenmuth - St.Lorenz Church was established in 1845 with the founding of the city. The stained glass windows tell the story of Michigan’s Little Bavaria, while the log house takes you on a journey back in time. Tours are FREE, call ahead to schedule. town.
11. The Frankenmuth Historical Museum is a great place to learn all about our origin from early settlement to the booming successes of our local businesses in modern times. The Historical Museum also offers group
Hands on experiences
Engage your senses by participating in a hands on experience, from making food to solving a puzzle: there is a perfect experience for every group!
12. Roll a pretzel rolling or make a strudel at the Bavarian Inn Restaurant. Expert bakers will lead you through proper pretzel-rolling methods. Then, it’s your turn to try and match the technique. Pick up your piping hot pretzel after they are baked and reap the rewards of your hard work!
13. At the Great Lakes Escape Game, you and your team are “locked” in a fun themed room of your choice with intriguing gadgets to explore, captivating puzzles to solve and cryptic clues to decipher. Manipulate everything that’s not bolted down as you search for answers and for your escape.
14. The Frankenmuth Farmer’s Market is always offering hand-on artisan classes. From brick oven pizza parties to goat’s milk soap making. Classes are available by request and availability.
15. Learn how to make authentic German sausage at Willi’s Sausage Company. Make and take sausage home with you!
Don’t have time for a scheduled activity?
Pick up a free Gnome Hunt scavenger hunt at the Visitor’s Center for your group to do on their own time as they explore Michigan’s Little Bavaria! Find 10 gnomes and return for a prize!
For more group activities, contact our Sales Manager at 989-652-6106.