The policies outlined below detail the actions the Frankenmuth Chamber & CVB takes to protect the information we collect from you, moderate our social media pages, among other measures.
Social Media Disclaimer/Inappropriate Use
Frankenmuth Convention & Visitors Bureau
SOCIAL MEDIA DISCLAIMER / INAPPROPRIATE USE
Frankenmuth Convention & Visitors Bureau (Frankenmuth CVB) welcomes and encourages open dialogue on Frankenmuth CVB Social Media Site(s) and looks forward to comments and suggestions. Before you post, please make sure you read and understand our Social Media Disclaimer.
The opinions and/or views expressed on Frankenmuth CVB Social Media Site(s) through comments, including, but not limited to, Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, and YouTube pages, represents the thoughts of individuals and online communities, and not solely those of the Frankenmuth CVB.
Frankenmuth CVB regularly monitors, measures, moderates and engages visitors and citizens on Frankenmuth CVB Social Media Site(s). We strive to acknowledge comments or queries as quickly as possible. Response times may differ depending on the volume of active posts at a time and the volume of comments that we receive.
Frankenmuth CVB and its employees will take all possible steps to ensure that all the information posted is complete and accurate. If a posting is discovered to be inaccurate, we will do our best to correct it immediately. No warranty of any kind, implied, expressed, or statutory, including but not limited to the warranties of non-infringement of third-party rights, is given with respect to the contents of Social Media or its links to other online resources.
Comments and posts on Frankenmuth CVB Social Media Site(s) will not be moderated before they appear. However, Frankenmuth CVB reserves the right to review, edit, hide, and/or delete any comments it deems as inappropriate use.
Users who do not adhere to the following guidelines may have their comments and privileges edited or removed:
- Be polite: Inappropriate language will not be tolerated and posts containing discriminatory, racist, offensive, obscene, vulgar, profane, inflammatory, unlawful or otherwise inappropriate and/or objectionable statements, language or content will be removed.
- Personal attacks: We recognize that questioning, constructive arguments and opinions are part of conversation, but comments and posts with aggressive personal attacks, defamatory in nature and/or threatening will be removed immediately.
- Personal information: For your own safety and the safety of others, comments and posts that violate privacy and/or include personal information including your own will be removed.
- On-topic comments: All discussion participants are reminded to stay on topic. Off topic comments and postings will be removed to encourage and facilitate effective discussions.
- Political comments: Blatantly partisan comments, such as those explicitly in support of/or detracting from a candidate or potential candidate will be removed.
- Comment spam: Comments deemed as spam and/or explicit commercial endorsements will be removed.
- Blocking: Individuals who repeatedly disregard these discussion guidelines may be banned from participating on Frankenmuth CVB Social Media Sites.
Inappropriate Use – means one or more of the following:
- Transmitting any materials in violation of local, state or national laws;
- Using vulgar, profane or inappropriate language;
- Transmitting or posting threatening, abusive, discriminatory or obscene material;
- Duplicating, storing or transmitting copyrighted material;
- Lobbying for political purposes;
- Duplicating, storing or transmitting pornographic material;
- Suggesting or supporting illegal activity;
- Posting material that is likely to compromise the safety or security of the public or public systems;
- Advertising or soliciting on behalf of businesses or not-for-profit organizations;
- Posting material that is not topically related to the Content; and
- Repetitive or multiple postings by a single user.
By submitting content to any of the Frankenmuth CVB Social Media Site(s), you understand and acknowledge that this information is available to the public and may be considered a public record.
For questions regarding the Frankenmuth CVB Social Media Disclaimer, email email@example.com.
The Frankenmuth Chamber of Commerce and Convention & Visitors Bureau understands the importance of your privacy on the Internet. That is why we believe it is important to let you know how we use the information collected through the Frankenmuth.org website. The following is our policy regarding Internet privacy and usage.
Frankenmuth Chamber of Commerce and Convention & Visitors Bureau (Frankenmuth CVB) is continually researching and implementing the best reasonable security options available for protecting our data internally and over the Internet. The security of any personal information you choose to provide to the Frankenmuth CVB is solely protected by Frankenmuth CVB. Further, only authorized staff members have access to specific areas of consumer information.
Collection and Use of Personal Information
You can visit our website without revealing any personal information about yourself or telling us who you are. We do not collect personal information, such as your name, address, phone number, or email address, while you browse. We do, however, gather information in aggregate on how this site is used, such as the number of visitors to the site, length of each visit, and which pages are most commonly used to enter and exit the site.
Some areas of the Frankenmuth CVB website utilize browser cookies. These cookies are used for enhancing the usability of the web site. You have the option of disabling cookies in your browser’s preferences/options area (refer to your browser’s help system for further explanation); however, the Frankenmuth CVB website will not perform as well for you if you choose to disable cookies. While at the Frankenmuth CVB website you may voluntarily choose to be added to Frankenmuth CVB’s email lists. When you choose that option, Frankenmuth CVB places you on a list to receive information about Frankenmuth area attractions, events and/or accommodations of general interest to individuals who visit Frankenmuth. You may at any time update your profile and remove yourself from this email list. Just look at the last email you received from us, scroll to the bottom and select “Update Preferences.”
Links to Outside Websites
This site may contain links to third party sites not controlled by the Frankenmuth CVB, which therefore are not covered by this privacy statement, such as those belonging to Frankenmuth CVB’s Partners. We recommend that you check the privacy statement of other sites you visit before providing any personal information.
If you have concerns or questions regarding Frankenmuth CVB’s consumer privacy practices, please forward them to firstname.lastname@example.org
By using this website, you agree to our Internet Privacy and Usage Policy and to the use of the information we receive and collect as stated herein and in ways we may notify you of in the future. By providing any personal information to this site, you acknowledge that you fully understand and consent to the collection and processing of such information. We reserve the right at our discretion to modify this Internet Privacy and Usage Policy at any time. Your continued use of this site following the posting of changes to these terms means you accept these changes.