BOOK A ROOM
Free Things to Do in Frankenmuth
The best things in life are free and we couldn’t agree more. Here in Frankenmuth there are plenty of things to do that don’t cost anything at all. We’ve pulled together a list of some of the things you can enjoy that won’t wreck your vacation budget.
- Gnome Hunt: Go hunting for gnomes and known gnome homes. Stop in the Visitors Center and pick up your gnome hunt sheet. Write down their gnome names and their homes, once you find 10, return it to the Visitors Center and receive a prize!
- Glockenspiel – (rings at 12, 3, 6, and 9 pm): The Bavarian Inn Glockenspiel Tower houses a magnificent 35-bell carillon, a beautiful figurine movement and an illuminated clock, all imported from Germany!
- Summer Concert Series in the Park every Sunday evening from late June to mid August. Location: Palmer Schau Platz in Memorial Park, Park Road
- Frankenmuth Brewery: Tour and experience how their award winning lagers, ales, and beers are made at Michigan’s oldest brewery!
- Frankemuth Fudge Kitchen or Murdick’s Fudge: Watch fudge being made right before your eyes. Made from the original recipes in copper kettles and hand paddled on thick marble slabs-making creamy, melt-in-your mouth fudge!
- Frankenmuth Taffy Kitchen: Watch taffy being pulled and kissed.
- Bronner’s Silent Night Chapel: Visit the Silent Night Chapel on the grounds of Bronner’s CHRISTmas Wonderland, an exact replica of the one in Obendorf, Austria where the hymn Silent Night was first sung in 1818.
- Covered Bridge: Take a walk across the historic covered bridge, a 239 foot, 230 ton covered bridge made completely of wood which spans the Cass River. Frankenmuth Holz Brucke (wooden bridge) is a beautiful piece of craftsmanship which is open year round for autos or pedestrians.
- St. Lorenz Lutheran Church: Take a tour of the sanctuary at our beautiful and historic church.
- Bronner’s Christmas Lane: Bronner’s Christmas Wonderland started from humble beginnings, quickly growing through several expansions to become the World’s Largest Christmas Store with beautifully landscaped grounds covering 27 acres! Take a drive down Christmas Lane, illuminated 365 days a year and marvel the more than 50,000 strands of lights.
- Great Lakes Olive Oil Company: Great Lakes Olive Oil Co. is a gourmet oil and vinegar tasting bar and retail boutique. They import only the freshest oils and vinegars from around the world for your tasting pleasure.
- Friday Fun Nights (Every Friday, Memorial Weekend through the end of September): Downtown comes to life from 6-9pm with free music street performers.
- Charlin’s Book Nook: Introduce your child to literature with “Read to me with Brittany” every Sunday from 2:30pm – 3:30pm. It’s a great time for both adults and children, and snacks are provided!