Chippewa Memorial

Chippewa Memorial

830 E. Tuscola Street
Frankenmuth, MI 48734

Phone: 989-652-9901

Chippewa Memorial

Overview

Located just west of the Rose Garden is a memorial to the Chippewa Indians. Filled with history and symbolism, this landscaped area includes an arrowhead monument and an interpretive sign to educate the public on the Native Americans and their relationship with the settlers from Germany in 1845. Frankenmuth was founded by German settlers in 1845 to be a religous mission to the Chippewa Indians and to be the first of four colonies in the Saginaw Valley for immigrants from the Francionian region of Bavaria, Germany.