Zehnder's of Frankenmuth
730 South Main Street Frankenmuth, MI 48734
Details Open in Google Maps
730 South Main Street
Frankenmuth, MI 48734
Phone: (844) 794-5981
Posted Nov 25, 2019 | by Frankenmuth CVB
Zehnder’s Snowfest is celebrating its 32nd year of winter fun in Frankenmuth January 25th – 29th, 2023.
It's time to shake that cabin fever and experience the fresh outdoors during Zehnder's magical Snowfest. The art of snow and ice carving is on display throughout Frankenmuth, dressing the town in frosted embellishments; and you are invited to join in the frozen fun.
Here is a list of 25 tips that will help you not only survive Snowfest, but also make memories that will last you a lifetime!
1. Arrive prior to 11AM to find the best parking on the weekend.
2. Plan your route and desired parking before you leave. Parking areas and alternate routes for Northbound 1-75 travelers: take Exit 136, go east past the first light to Dixie Highway, then continue to Dehmel Road and turn left. Follow Dehmel to Curtis Road; turn right on Curtis. Follow Curtis to Flint St. then turn left and park at the Fortress Golf Course parking lot or the Boy Scout building lot. Southbound 1-75 travelers: take Exit 144A (Dixie Highway) to Junction or Curtis. Turn left on either and follow eastward to Frankenmuth. Or, take M-46 East to M-83 South to Frankenmuth.
3. Shuttle transportation into town is available at Bronner’s CHRISTmas Wonderland West Entrance on Saturday (January 28th) from 11AM - 6PM and Sunday (January 29th) 12PM – 5PM. Shuttle is also available at Birch Run Premium Outlets and Birch Run area hotels. Visit birchrun.org for shuttle schedule.
4. The largest parking lots are available at the River Place Shops, Bronner’s, Zehnder’s, Boy Scout Building, and Heritage Park.
5. Make your dining reservations now! Zehnder’s Restaurant does take dining reservations based on availability, you can make yours today by calling (800) 863-7999.
6. There are sculptures all over town! Zehnder’s Restaurant, Bavarian Inn Restaurant, and Frankenmuth River Place Shops will feature unique carvings and sculptures outside, but also have fun Frankenmuth merchandise and more inside. So, make sure to check out the shops, you might even find a keepsake souvenir to take home!
7. A great place to begin your tour of the snow sculptures (and possibly your Frankenmuth shopping spree) is at Frankenmuth River Place Shops with the Children's snow sculptures and the High School snow sculptures.
8. Before strolling through town, pick up your favorite snacks and treats from local eateries and shops. Zehnder's Marketplace is where you'll find some irresistibly delicious treats and goodies!
9. If you love chocolate then come out on Wednesday at 10AM for the “All Things Chocolate” Baking Contest featuring cookies, cakes and brownies. Forty-five contestants will be competing for the best recipe using chocolate as a main ingredient. There will be cooking/baking demonstrations, musical entertainment, door prizes, samples of all the entries and a complimentary recipe book of all the recipes to take home. This free admission event will include cooking/baking demonstrations, musical entertainment, door prizes, food samples, recipes, and more!
10. Take a stroll over to the Professional Ice Exhibition (located behind Tiffany's/Rau's) where you can watch a talented team of ice carvers work on creating a multi-block ice display featuring a pirate theme.
11. Everyone is welcome on Thursday, January 26th, to the complimentary Bingo in Zehnder’s Warming Tent from 12:30PM – 2:30PM where you can play to win a large variety of prizes. Pop in to play for just a few minutes, or play for the entire time. All ages are welcome. Sponsored by JOE FM, Pepsi, and Birch Run Premium Outlets.
12. If you are a beer lover, stop over to Zehnder’s Tap Room, where specialty beers, like J.P. O'Sullivan and Wolverine Brewery, will be featured.
13. Many activities at Snowfest are absolutely free including the Petting Zoo on Friday the 27th (4PM - 7PM), Saturday the 28th (11AM - 5PM), and Sunday the 29th (12PM - 5PM).
14. Other activities are offered for a nominal fee including $3 pony rides and a $5 entrance fee to the warming tent Friday (27th) and Saturday (28th) after 6:00pm. Children 12 and under have free access.
15. Our warming tent is actually heated! Many first-timers show up to the tent ready to brave drafty walls and cold spots. Feel free to shed your coat and dance the night away with various musical entertainment.
16. Support the Frankenmuth Jaycees with a stop by their food booth, Friday - Sunday at the Frankenmuth Chamber/Visitor Center.
17. We will end Friday, January 27th, and Saturday, January 28th, with a bang! Watch our Annual Fireworks Display from Zehnder’s parking lot at 6:45PM, sponsored by DOW and Huntington Bank.
18. There will be ice block carvings throughout town on display from Bronner’s all the way to the north end of town by Huntington Bank. Make sure to take a walk or drive and check them out.
19. Bring your camera for a chance to win! Each year, Zehnder’s hosts a Snowfest Photo Impressions contest. Upload your favorite festival photo to their Facebook contest page for your chance to win great prizes!
20. “Like” Zehnder’s Snowfest Facebook page, or follow them on Twitter to get the latest updates and photos live from the festival!
21. Don’t forget to cheer on your favorite carvers and vote for your favorite sculptures! Public voting begins Friday, January 27th.
22. Those who want a leisurely stroll through the festival without the crowds should visit Sunday evening, or Monday, January 30th, 2023.
23. If snow and cold weather isn’t your thing, remember you can always come and visit the shops, restaurants, and Bronner’s while the rest of your party is walking around in the cold. Remember to stop by the Frankenmuth Visitor Center beforehand, and pick up a 2023 Coupon Book, featuring deals and discounts of local stores, restaurants, and more!
24. Don’t forget to take a lap around the Frankenmuth Ice Rink! Located in Zehnder Park, this winter attraction will be open throughout the festival week. Brought to you by presenting sponsor, Huntington Bank. Stop by the rink on Friday night for DJ entertainment.
25. For a festival map and a complete schedule of events, visit https://www.zehnders.com/snowfest/. *All outdoor activities subject to change based on weather conditions*
We appreciate the support we have received from our guests, carvers and sponsors over the past 32 years and are excited to welcome you to Zehnder’s Snowfest 2023.