We are excited to announce that Bringin’ Back the 80s will happen in 2021! It will look a little different, but hey, we’re having it!
We started this festival 17 years ago in memory of Jill Zehnder to raise money for people dealing with the hardships that come with cancer. Together, we have made a difference in so many people’s lives, and that continues to be our motivation. Over the years, this event has become quite the party that thousands of people look forward to and plan for months in advance, so we didn’t want to go another year without an 80s Fest. Let us introduce to you... Bringin' Back the 80s - Summer Edition!
BUY TICKETS NOW >
Obviously, we have to change some things in order to have the event this year, but the most important things won’t change - we’ll still raise money for people affected by cancer and we’ll still have a blast!
Here’s an idea of what to expect and what not to expect:
- We will have two totally awesome bands, DJ, memorabilia display, breakdancing shows by the talented Vertical Ambition Dance Company, best-dressed contests, souvenirs including special “Summer Edition” merchandise, bar, vendors, food, iconic cars from the 80s and more!
- We will be following the guidelines and regulations of the CDC and the State of Michigan regarding COVID-19, including masks and social distance. Masks must be worn properly, unless you are sitting and eating or drinking. There will be tables and chairs throughout the entire pavilion to be able to social distance as required. If you are not wearing a mask properly while walking around, you will be escorted out and no refund will be given. We are not willing to risk being shut down for people who are not able to follow the rules that have been dealt to us.
- The current restrictions limit us to 1000 people at one time. We plan to have one party on Friday, 8pm-12am; two parties on Saturday, 3-7pm and 8pm-12am. Each session will require a separate ticket and all sessions will be ages 21 and over only.
- Since we typically have 8000 people and we can only have 3000 this year, tickets are $28 in order to still be able to donate a worth-while amount to our cause. Tickets will be available only by pre-sale on our website (www.80sfest.org) starting May 15. For all of those people who tell us every year that it’s too crowded, this is your year!
- We will increase cleaning and sanitizing in all areas. And to reduce contact as much as possible, we will have simplified bar procedures and admission packages that include drink tickets. There will be no tent or shuttles and at this time, there cannot be a dance floor.
Of course, all of these things are fluid and can change at any time. We will keep up with all of the regulations and make sure we are following the rules so that we are able to have the event. We are confident that there’s still an awesome time to be had and despite these restrictions, it’s going to be a blast!! We really didn’t want to go another year without an 80s Fest… not only because it’s so darn fun, but also because cancer doesn’t stop!
Thank you in advance for supporting our mission to raise money for cancer related causes. We can’t wait to celebrate the music and trends of the 80s with you on July 16-17, 2021.