There’s something about the sparkle of sunlight on snow that makes even the coldest winter day something to look forward to. For over 25 years, Zehnder’s Snowfest has been bringing winter fun to Frankenmuth. Happening each year at the end of January, families from across the state – and the Midwest – have the opportunity to come out and enjoy winter together in the comfort and beauty of Michigan’s Little Bavaria.
As the 2021 festival approaches, we’re sharing 10 need-to-know tips to help you make the most of Zehnder’s Snowfest.
1. Zehnder's Snowfest 2021 will take place on January 29, 30 & 31 (3 days only).
2. World Class Carving Teams, from Michigan and surrounding states, will be located at Zehnder's Restaurant and Bavarian Inn Restaurant's parking lots.
3. All carving will take place between January 25th-29th and will be completed by 12pm (noon) on January 29th.
4. A 75-block ice exhibition piece depicting a train and depot will be on display in Zehnder's parking lot. The masterpiece will be crafted by Greg Butauski and his team from Ohio. It is scheduled to be completed by 12pm (noon) on January 29th.
5. With a stroll around town, you will find 40-50 single ice block carvings spread throughout Frankenmuth.
6. New this year! Ice Dog Mushing Show at River Place Shops - It will be an exciting mix of entertainment and education highlighting the bond between dogs and humans.
Friday, January 29: 6pm and 8pm
Saturday, January 30: 1pm, 3pm, and 5pm
Sunday, January 31: 1pm, 3pm, and 5pm
7. Enjoy the great taste of Frankenmuth while taking in the sights! Restaurants will be serving up many delicious takeout options for you to fill up on.
8. Outdoor dining is available at the following locations:
Prost! Wine Bar and Charcuterie (Tent, Heated)
Slo’ Bones BBQ Smokehaus (Tent, Heated)
Frankenmuth Brewery (Tent, Heated)
Zehnder’s Z-Chef Cafe (Tent, Heated)
The Cheese Trap (Walk Up, Outdoor Seating)
daVinci's Italian Restaurant (Tent, Heated)
Bavarian Inn Restaurant (Tent, Heated)
Bavarian Inn Cluck Truck (Walk Up, Outdoor Seating)
Willi's Sausage Co. (Walk Up, Outdoor Seating)
Frankenmuth Jaycees Food Booth at Visitor Center (Walk Up, Outdoor Seating)
N'Orlin's on Main – Beverages only, proceeds go to Michigan Heroes Museum (Walk Up, Limited Menu)
9. Snag an official Zehnder’s Snowfest 2021 Crewneck Sweater to remember this limited edition event. This year’s sweatshirt features a masked polar bear on the front and his bottom on the back. Color is navy blue and comes in sizes Small up to 2XL.
10. Due to current State restrictions this year, there will be no snow and ice carving competitions, baking and hot food competitions, Warming Tent, entertainment, children's activities, or fireworks. These cancellations are in place to help prevent large groups of people from gathering in one area.
We look forward to the day we can gather together again and celebrate Winter!
Make sure to stop into the Frankenmuth Visitor Center when you arrive for additional information about things to do and enjoy while you’re in town. Our helpful representatives are here to answer your questions! Or give us a call at 800-FUN-TOWN… yes, that is our phone number!
January 29 - 31, 2021
It's still on! Join us for Zehnder’s Snowfest (limited event) during the last weekend in January. Although Snowfest will be different this year, visitors can still enjoy a limited number of larger-than-life snow sculptures and beautifully detailed ice carvings!