Can I get married beside the Cass River?

YES! Frankenmuth has a handful of beautiful wedding ceremony locations that are located by the beautiful Cass River. Both the Bavarian Inn Lodge and Frankenmuth Riverfront Park offer outdoor ceremony spaces along the river. If you’re looking to get married along the river, but want an indoor ceremony - The River View at the Frankenmuth Brewery has gorgeous riverfront views for both your ceremony and reception.

Did you know that you can even get married ON the water? The Bavarian Belle Riverboat can be rented out for your big day! Treat your guests to a cruise on the Cass River.

📷: @vincentm90

Wedding Planning Tip:

The Frankenmuth FunShips Wine and Chocolate tour makes for a perfect Bachelorette party activity. Or take the girls on a Kayak Trip along the Cass River with the Frankenmuth Kayak Adventures!

📷: @jackie_sheckler_finch

Where can I get married outdoors?

From one of our beautiful parks to our historic working farm, Frankenmuth is sure to have the perfect outdoor space for your big day. Our charming outdoor ceremony venues include, The Bavarian Inn Lodge, The Rose Garden, Riverfront Park, and Bandshell (Palmer Schau Platz). If you’re looking for an outdoor venue that you can use for both your ceremony and reception - Consider taking your wedding to the farm at Grandpa Tiny’s Farm and The Frankenmuth Farmers Market.

📷: @mattandashleyphoto

Can I get married on the Wooden Bridge?

No. Unfortunately, the Holz Brucke Covered Bridge is not permitted to shut down for special occasions. However, we do agree it is a beautiful wedding picture backdrop!

Can I serve the World-Famous Chicken at my wedding?

YES! In Frankenmuth, we believe memories are made around a delicious family-style chicken meal - so why not share those memories with your wedding guests! The Bavarian Inn Restaurant, Bavarian Inn Lodge, and Zehnder’s of Frankenmuth all have charming venue spaces that will serve your guests the delicious chicken you crave. They even offer catering services, if you would like to take their chicken to a different location or occasion!

📷: @itswonderfulphotography

Where do I get my marriage license from?

Residents of the State of Michigan need to apply for their marriage license in the county in which one of them lives. Non-residents need to apply for their marriage license in the county in which they plan on getting married. For non-Michigan residents wishing to get married in Frankenmuth, you will need to contact the Saginaw County Clerk's Office.

"Where Memories are Made and Traditions Begin.”
About the Author

Frankenmuth CVB

The Frankenmuth Convention & Visitors Bureau is a destination marketing organization, promoting tourism to Michigan's Little Bavaria.